I just wanted to say THANKS to all my new and all my repeat customers! Special Thanks to EW for the fabulous referrals!
Business is booming (for a one-woman show, anyway) and I'm getting very little sleep - and with a little "tweaking" of my business practices, and a little more support on the homefront, this could be evolving into something really great!
Changes in the Making:
- Custom cakes will now need to be ordered 2 weeks in advance.
- I will be looking for another business to host me on "Cupcake Fridays" so that y'all don't have to come to my house to get your "fix".
- I will be developing a new signature style of celebration (birthday, shower, anniv.) cakes, which will be a small, 6" cake on a cupcake tower. I'm kinda taking the idea from http://www.bellacupcakes.blogspot.com. She's a FABULOUS new cake designer from New Zealand. I think it's ok to use her tower idea, since I'm a bit far away from her to be competition. I will be doing several things differently though, to make it really my own. I decided to do this, since I was spending so much time baking the bigger cakes, and not getting enough time to do the kind of decorating I want to do. The cupcakes will be heavily decorated, but the baking time will be cut way down.
- I will be posting more standardized pricing on my website very soon.
- I'm going to have teach my intern more about the baking part of this, so I can spend more time designing and decorating. You know - all those people on the cake shows on tv don't have to worry about baking the cakes! Someone else does it for them so they can spend the time making it all pretty!
- Still looking for an investor, a loan and a commercial kitchen that is close by.
Anyway, that's about it for now - Change is good, necessary and exciting!