January 9, 2012

Back to Blogging :)


I may not be able to do cakes full time right now, but I'm going to start blogging more - hey, I have a great blog site already set up, so why not?

This week I'm helping a friend make some cupcake toppers for a baby shower. The theme uses baby carriages, so we are making mini carriages for mini cupcakes. S asked me to cut them out of fondant, but I'm thinking modeling chocolate (blue) would taste better. I planned to use my cricut cake to cut them out, but then remembered that I had a small mold I had made from a carriage-shaped button, using "Amazing Mold Putty". Love that stuff! It's soooo easy to use, and you can make a mold out of practically anything! It comes in two separate parts, which you squish together when you are ready to make your mold. It takes only 20 minutes, and then you have a great silicone mold which you can use for fondant, chocolate or even baking!

I used some fondant I had on hand to test these out, but will use the modeling chocolate if S thinks they are cute enough. I still have to ask S if she would prefer the molded carriages, or cut-outs, and either will be fine, but here is a picture of the molded ones so far, brushed with pearl dust.

No comments: